Saturday, July 30, 2011

30 Days of art: day 30!

29 days of me, day 30 starts a canvas for a friend..... Can't wait to find out what it wants to be!

30 days was fun, frustrating and a pain in the ass sometimes, but overall, it was worth it. In it, I found my colors for now, and that makes painting much easier. I also used liquid acrylics for the first time and am in absolute love with them! Not so much on canvas, but in my journal, they are heaven. Water color crayons and pastels are not my friends yet, but they'll come around.

I overcame my fear and painted over the cover of my journal, and did some unlearning and discovered I won't die an instant death if I rip pages out of a bible. I learned that my pages are sticking not because of the medium, but rather because I paint outside a lot, and when it's 100+ degrees everyday, it doesn't matter what you do, they are just going to stick. Copic markers look awesome when airbrushed on skin, and cobalt blue is my favorite.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment